This week’s announcements for 5/28/2023
- SUNDAY, May 28th: 9:00 am – Pentecost Sunday Traditional Worship with Holy Communion
- 10:15 am – Fellowship
- 10:30 am – Parish Education Committee Meeting
- SUNDAY, June 4th: 9:00 am – Holy Trinity Sunday Worship with Holy Communion
- 10:15 am – Fellowship
- 10:30 am – Property Committee Meeting
Given Last Week (Budgeted Operational Expenses needed per week – $3589):
- Local Ministries: $1,831
- Mission Partners: $99
- Building Fund: $36
Attendance last Sunday – 75
Emmons Summer Park & Rec Program will take place from June 12 – July 21 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. You may register your child online at
https://form.jotform.com/231123632231137 or pick up a form from the church office. If you would like to support the program financially or by other means, please
contact the church office.
Thank you to the Odegaard’s for transporting the quilts to be delivered by Lutheran World Relief.
Altar Flower Sponsorship: Every week we will be decorating our Altar with flowers. If you would like to sponsor these flowers, please sign up in the Narthex or contact the church office. $30 per Sunday (two bouquets of flowers) which can be taken home after worship has concluded. Or you can provide the flowers, just let us know when you would like to provide them for our worship services.
Sunday Bulletin Sponsorship: If you would like to sponsor a Sunday bulletin for $15, please contact the church
For those dealing with illness or surgery – Ramona Twito, Laurie Lenz, Tom Sheehan, Dorothy Towne, JoAnn Peterson, Eleanor Bauman, Sawyer Bronson, Marge Brackey, Jack Nelson, Betty Cavanaugh, Jerry Martinson, Marion Martinson, Gay Monson, Laura Zenk, Dean Mathiason, Breckyn Heinemann, Shirley Reindal, Clara Overland, and Juli Friedrichs.
Please keep our active Military member, Ray Folven in your prayers as he is currently serving in Romania.
- Our Mission Partner for April was Hope 4 Kids International (Raised $588)
- Our Mission Partner for May is Freeborn County Crime Victim Crisis Center
- Our Mission Partner for June is Emmons Park & Rec. Program
SAIL Exercise class:
- FREE fitness class that is designed for older adults. Focus on: Strength, flexibility, balance, low impact aerobics
- Monday’s and Thursday’s from 9:30-10:30 AM at Emmons LC in the large social hall
- Questions: Call Sheri at 641-530-9083
Memorial Day: Emmons American Legion Post #317 will make their traditional visits to 8 cemeteries on Monday, May 29th. The group will assemble at 8:30 a.m. and leave for the cemeteries at 8:45. 9 a.m. Lime Creek Synod, 9:15 Lime Creek, 9:30 Oak Lawn-Emmons, 9:50 Silver Lake, 10:45 St. James Catholic, 11:00 Lunder, 11:15 Brush Hill, 11:30 Bear Lake.
Veterans Memorial Dedication: Dedication Ceremony at 12:00 p.m. for the new Veteran’s Memorial located at the old “Free Show” park. The helicopter will also be on display for the day.
Silver Lake Lutheran Church will be serving their annual Memorial Day lunch consisting of Sloppy Joes, potato salad, pies, coffee and lemonade on Monday, May 29th from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Sion Lutheran Church Memorial Day Dinner, May 29th from 11:00 – 1:00 Menu of Homemade Scalloped Potatoes & Ham, Baked Beans, Salads, Desserts, Coffee & Lemonade. Adults $10.00 Children 10 and under $5.00