This week’s announcements for 12/05/2021
- As we continue following CDC guidelines, we will no longer require masks at Emmons Lutheran Church. There will be people that will continue to use masks at this time, we ask that you please show respect and love toward our fellow neighbors whatever decision that have chosen to take. As always, if you are not feeling well, please stay home until you are feeling better. Thank you for your continued support of Emmons Lutheran Church at your comfort level.
- Worship is at 9:00 am Sundays – Holy communion is served this Sunday.
- Altar flowers on December 5th are shared by Dwight and Linette Kleinschrodt in memory of their son, Kary.
- Our December 5th bulletin is sponsored by Mike and Lynne Langfald in memory of their parents, Grant and Darlene and Clem and Donna.
- Choir meets on Sundays at 11:15 for rehearsal. – The Choir will meet December 5th from 10:30 – noon.
- Tuesday, December 7th, is our Executive and Stewardship Committee meeting at 7 p.m
- Bible in 90 days Bible study is held Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday at Noon the Martha Circle will meet for dinner at Ann Thompson’s with spouses welcome.
- Thursday, December 9th, the Church Council meets at 7 p.m.
- Next Sunday, December 12th, is our 3rd Sunday of Advent Worship. Our Service will the the Cantata, “The Road to Bethlehem” by our Senior Choir.
- Sunday, December 12th, the Lydia Circe will meet at 12:30 for dinner at Deb Yost’s. Spouses are welcome.
- You may sign up in the narthex, or call the office is you would like to share a poinsettia plant in memory or honor of a loved one and please let the office know if you would like to sponsor a poinsettia plant for our shut-ins.
- You are encouraged to bring new toy and put them in our Toys for Tots box.
- Operation Clothes for Kids! tree is in the church narthex. You may go to tinyurl.com/LMClothesFor Kids to get tages and return your gifts to the church by Sunday, December 12th.
- Every week we will be decorating our altar with flowers. If you would like to sponsor these flowers, please sign up in the Narthex or contact the church office. $30 per Sunday (two bouquets of flowers) which can be taken home after worship has concluded.
For those dealing with illness or surgery – Michael Aschenbrenner, Dorothy Towne, Betty Knutson, JoAnn Peterson, Rev. David Schafer, Harold Knutson, Eleanor Bauman, Ellen Bjelland, Sawyer Bronson, Marge Brackey, Ramona Twito, Jack Nelson, Betty Cavanaugh, Jerry Martinson, Gay Monson, Patty Leif, Lenny Leib, Terry Brink, Bebo Getchell, Dean Mathiason, Shirley Reindal, Breckyn Heinemann, Clara Overland, Angie Mayers, Juli Friedrichs, and Regina Bottema.
Our December Mission Partner is St.
- Java and Jesus – is held the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 at Swallow Coffee House in Lake Mills, IA.
- Alpha Youth – at the Swallow Coffeehouse in Lake Mills, IA at 7:30 – 9 pm on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesdays of each month.